Friday, April 11, 2008

Sick Days

Got the call yesterday at about 10 am that Ella was not feeling well. Chills, complaining of pain in her legs, head and eyes. Her temperature at the time as 96.1. By the time I got there from work it was 101.7. Here we go again. It was less than a month ago that we were at Disney and she was down for the count with something viral. Because she was complaining about her throat I decided to take her to the doc as strep throat has been going around her school. Negative. The doc said she had seen 5 cases just yesterday with the same symptoms and it seems to be lasting about 3-5 days. YAY!

We had planned to take a 1/2 day today and load up the kids and head to gramma's. That will have to be postponed. She is very sad about that. The fever seems to subside with motrin but its come and gone 3 times now so I am never quite sure if its really gone or just temporarily under control because of meds. I will say we've always been a tylenol kind of family but motrin really works and works fast. Within 20 minutes of taking a dose she looks and feels considerably better.

She woke up at about 4am sweating and feeling like crap and was up until about 7 when she fell back asleep until about 9. She's not hungry, doesn't want to drink - I offered milk shakes, slurpees, popcicles, everything - no dice. She's just sipping water and resting with PBS. Thank goodness for all day childrens programming.

No comments: