Sunday, April 27, 2008

Report Card Time

The girl recently got her 3rd quarter report card. Kindergartners, at least in Fairfax County, are ranked from 1 - 5 in various areas of development, including language arts, reading, writing, and math. I am happy to report she's an all 4s, meets end of Kindergarten expectations (3/4s of the way through I might add), and 5s, exceeds kindergarten expectations, girl. At the midpoint we had a few 3s, basically meaning at that point she was on track to eventually meet the kindgergarten expectations. SHA! As if! Like she's average! In an area or two. I was happy to see all of those were now 4s or even 5s!

I was more than a little surprised that one of her 5s was in writing. I would have guessed math, but not writing as she is notoriously against it in concept. "You do it, mom!" She writes, but not really in a way most people would consider exceeding expectations but I guess in kindergarten these things are all relative. I don't recall learning anything other than my ABC's in kindergarten. Well, my ABC's and that one little boy in my class would have preferred to have been born a little girl.

I digress...

I am proud. Just for the record, she is not perfect. In the comments section, after what a pleasure she is to have in class and other glowing words, we have "Ella is very insightful (all me, baby) blah blah blah and Ella still struggles with her focus" (all dad)! The man can say what he wants but I know for a fact he is incapable of watching tv and putting on his shoes at the same time. And for the record, struggling with focus equates to her feeling like she couldn't care less about said topic and no I am not going to even pretend to be interested because I either already know how to do that or I don't care to ever know how to do that. Sound like anyone?

2 comments:

ND Win said...

I was lol'ing so hard at the uncle hung comment I woke my roommate up...

Flip-Flop Mama said...

Well, I always find that the funniest things are often based very firmly in true observations!