At about 3 pm on Friday I could not stand it anymore and ditched work to go get Ella who, mono and all, was going to spend the weekend with gram. She was out of school Wednesday - Friday. Thank goodness for Uncles with full-time nannies, but no children at home! We were on the road by about 4 or so working our way to the half way point to meet gram. We had dinner at this little diner in Fredericksburg. Yummy BBQ chicken!
Saturday was spent running errands. To ensure we'd have plenty of energy we started with breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. Max really liked his bagel innards. Then off to the bike shop for some boy supplies and to Old Navy to return somethings that just weren't working for me.
After dropping the man and babe off at home, I headed back out to meet a girlfriend for coffee and to hand off some of Ella's now too small clothes and camping gear she needs for the Avon 2 day walk. Oh, how I wish I had the energy for a two day walk! I managed a little shopping too.
Saturday afternoon was so nice, and Max wasn't napping anyway, so we decided to hike down to our creek - I am always amazed at how much steeper the hill is than it seems! We had a great walk and Butter very much enjoyed her swim. I think we need to have stairs built down there! Neither of us could believe how quiet it was without Ella. Max grunts and babbles but there is no constant barrage of chatter and questions. She's not loud, she's just constant!
Satuday night we had a night out at the Palm with my friend KK and her hubby. Always yummy and very relaxing. They have great mojitos!
After such a busy and beautiful Satuday, Sunday with all its rainy glory would have been great except ... I was trapped either in the house or in the car with one or both kids all day. Hung had a charity volleyball tournament for a friend/former volleyball player who died a few years ago. Her husband organizes it so I really couldn't complain. I told him just to make sure to play on a crappy team so they'd be eliminated early. No such luck. They made it to the finals. Play started at 8:30am and he did not get home until 7:30 pm! Max and I just chilled in the morning and then we loaded up at his nap time to go fetch his sister. Met in the middle again and were home around 4. I was hoping (wishful thinking) Hung would be home by the time we got home. I was WIPED out.
Next up, I head off to the doc to get tested for Mono!
Saturday was spent running errands. To ensure we'd have plenty of energy we started with breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. Max really liked his bagel innards. Then off to the bike shop for some boy supplies and to Old Navy to return somethings that just weren't working for me.
After dropping the man and babe off at home, I headed back out to meet a girlfriend for coffee and to hand off some of Ella's now too small clothes and camping gear she needs for the Avon 2 day walk. Oh, how I wish I had the energy for a two day walk! I managed a little shopping too.
Saturday afternoon was so nice, and Max wasn't napping anyway, so we decided to hike down to our creek - I am always amazed at how much steeper the hill is than it seems! We had a great walk and Butter very much enjoyed her swim. I think we need to have stairs built down there! Neither of us could believe how quiet it was without Ella. Max grunts and babbles but there is no constant barrage of chatter and questions. She's not loud, she's just constant!
Satuday night we had a night out at the Palm with my friend KK and her hubby. Always yummy and very relaxing. They have great mojitos!
After such a busy and beautiful Satuday, Sunday with all its rainy glory would have been great except ... I was trapped either in the house or in the car with one or both kids all day. Hung had a charity volleyball tournament for a friend/former volleyball player who died a few years ago. Her husband organizes it so I really couldn't complain. I told him just to make sure to play on a crappy team so they'd be eliminated early. No such luck. They made it to the finals. Play started at 8:30am and he did not get home until 7:30 pm! Max and I just chilled in the morning and then we loaded up at his nap time to go fetch his sister. Met in the middle again and were home around 4. I was hoping (wishful thinking) Hung would be home by the time we got home. I was WIPED out.
Next up, I head off to the doc to get tested for Mono!
No comments:
Post a Comment