Saturday, April 18, 2009

Progress

Have you ever had a Saturday so chock full and productive that by the time you settle down for the evening it feels like Sunday night. Well that was the kind of day we had today.

It started with Ella's first softball game of the season at 10:30. 2 hits! Go Ella. After the game we had a quick lunch and a quick stop at Iceberry (I think the east coast version of pinkberry) and I highly recommend it. I had honeydew frozen yogurt with blueberries and it was amazing! Lowfat and low sugar but you would never know it.

Post-lunch and yogurt it was to home to get Max down for a nap. Ella and I decided to head out to get a few flowers to fill the boxes and one of our big planters. We returned, we planted. We cleaned out the garage. Hung spread "weed and feed" and mowed the grass.

Next on the list was installation of a very big new full length mirror in our bathroom (God Bless IKEA) and curtains in our master bedroom. (7 years is a long time to remain curtainless but I am both indecisive and lazy when it comes to that stuff ... so 7 years it was ... no worries we had blinds just no decorative curtains). Nothing fancy ... again thank you Ikea.

A little before















and after...








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a fireplace. In your BEDROOM!

Can I be you when I grow up?

Flip-Flop Mama said...

We bought low, sold high, bought low. Timing is everything! Plus we had a small custom builder who when we told we wanted to put one in did it for cost. About $3000. Relatively not a big deal. He did a lot of things either at cost or no charge because it was the 2nd time he'd built this particular floorplan and liked our ideas and wanted to see them. I am sure he charged those who followed us out the NOSE.