I couldn't resist this post though because the picture was just too cute. This is Max with his Easter bucket. A little non traditional (His sis got the more traditional basket but when Mama, I mean the EB saw this at target he/she couldn't resist). He was, as expected, most excited by the car and the shredded paper in the bucket.
Max is a ham. He is all at once a sweet, onery, serious, mischevious, rotten and loving little guy. He LOVES his cars. He LOVES his blanket. He is talking up a storm now. It is amazing. He is very much a mocking bird which means I have to watch my mouth even more. Though I have been doing this around Ella for a while I've been a slight bit more lax around Max. He's a good teaser. He LOVES to mess with him mama's mind. He also is very much his mother's son in that his emotions show all over his face. And who could miss our matching dimples.
(Digression: After Max was born I was not able to see him, they wouldn't let me get up for the first 12 hours and he was in the NICU, until only minutes before he was moved from Alexandria hospital to Georgetown --- terrifying --- especially the next few days when he and I were not in the same hospital and big decisions were being made. My internal control freak was not a fan. Luckily, good drugs helped. My dear hubby worked overtime seeing me and Max and attending to Ella, thankfully with the help of my mama. I vividly remember the one thing that brought both tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. He called me hourly in the beginning when he was at the Georgetown NICU to update me. In one of those early phone calls he mentioned he had noticed something that Max had gotten from me. He would not tell me what it was. He was faithfully bringing me pictures on the digital camera as he knew how much I was missing Max. Imagine 38 weeks together to be kept so far apart so soon. I was in a fog and on percocet so I managed fine, but looking back I wonder how. Anyway, when he came to visit me that evening, camera in hand, the picture showed the most adorable dimple on his cheek in just the exact same spot as mine.
Us with our matching dimples...
And another thing, I never liked my dimple until this guy popped out with one. /disgression).
Every night before bed or "night night" as it is called in this house he goes around and kisses and hugs everyone and then he usually runs to me and asks, "UPA?" which is his way of saying carry me up those stairs woman I am tired. On our way up the stairs he says to me, without fail, "mama rock a minute" and we do ... sometimes just a minute, sometimes a few more, and then he'll say, "night night mama lay down" and I put him in his crib and I give him a kiss and he always asks for his "UGGG" (hug) chaser. We squeeze, he always giggles and I know at the moment no two hearts are warmer or more connected than ours. Even if he messes with me and won't give me a kiss 9 times out of 10 when I ask. Yep, I am the girl who was all "A BOY! What am I going to do with a boy. I don't even really like most boys!!" I guess he taught this girl a lesson. Totally wrapped around his finger. TOTALLY.
No comments:
Post a Comment