A few things a girl doesn't want to hear inflight:
1 - The visibility over San Diego is so bad that we are on a hold above the airport
2 - The fuel is low so we'll only be able to hold for a little while
3 - We are being diverted to the Ontario airport (wait I thought you said the fuel was low, isn't there a closer airport? - turns out there is an Ontario, California just 70 miles from San Diego)
4 - (when listening to the air control tower channel on the headseat) "We can't see you but you are clear to land"
5 - We are refueled but we are waiting to be cleared for takeoff as the skies are saturated with planes right now.
Visions of in-air collisions were dancing in my head. I will say the United people could not have been more helpful or informative. Instead of having no clue what was going on I think they erred on the side of giving a little more information than I really wanted! ;)
Finally, 12 hours after leaving my house at 4:30 am I arrived in San Diego at 1 pm, San Diego time. To what...clouds, rain and cool temps. I thought San Diego was supposed to be sunny and beautiful. This is SOUTHERN California right?
The only redemption last night was a great margarita, chips & awesome guac, and yummy fajitas in the Gas light (or is it Gas Lamp) district.
No comments:
Post a Comment