Wednesday, January 02, 2008

11 Months

I know I keep saying it but I really truly can't believe that we are now less than a month from having a 1 year old. Denial is not just a river in Egypt!

So here we have the "go ahead and pick me up mom or I am just going to practically climb up your legs" look. He's not really a clingy baby but when he decides it is time for some one on one with Mama he does this. He can be all the way across the house in the living room, I make a noise in the kitchen and its like "hey, it isMama..." and he crawls like a man on a mission to get to me. Of course, no sooner than I pick him up is he interested in everything but me. Typical man!

I would pretend to hate it but I love it.

So at 11 months he is a very fast crawler. He jibber jabbers and is getting really close to saying Mama and says Dada routinely but I don't think he really means Daddy when he does it. He eats EVERYTHING. Particularly likes food he can chew. Egg Rolls, noodles, rice, meat, cheerios, and goldfish. He is quite independent if it is his own idea. If you just sit him on the floor he doesn't like it. So I have learned to sit down with him on my lap. He realizes it is boring, climbs down and is off exploring. Of course, he is most interested in things that are not intended to entertain him. Item of most interest: the remote control. He is a man after all! Other things like Butter's toys and bits of paper and plastic are his favorites too.

He is getting to be a very steady stander and prefers crusing around the furniture to crawling now. He took a little step on New Year's Eve. I think he will be walking before his first birthday.

No comments: