Monday, October 22, 2007

More than 2...

Before I had two children, I NEVER could understand why anyone would have more than 2 children. I am starting to get it. NO, I am not having anymore. I have been cut off by my friends, my ob, my husband & myself. It is not so much that I wouldn't want the kids, its just that NONE of us can handle the pregnancies.

So, back to my point. I get it now though. Max seems (SEEMS!) so much easier than Ella did. Of course, it is not necessarily that he is. Its just different with the 2nd one. I am not nearly as stressed and I think that is translating to him not being stressed.

I think with the first one you worry ALL THE TIME. With the 2nd one, you've been there and done that and so you actually can relax and enjoy the process a little bit more.

To reiterate. I am DONE. Finished. FINITO. CUT OFF. BUT, I get it now. Well other than the financial part. And the lack of sleep.

THINGS I MISS FROM MY PRE-MOM LIFE:

- Sleeping in - this BY FAR is #1
- Being able to be sick in bed when I felt like being sick in bed
- Travel at the drop of a hat with no preplanning involved
- Completed converstations

THINGS I WOULD NEVER TRADE:

- A smile from my boy
- A "Mom, I looooooooooove you" from my girl
- The look my husband and I share when we are watching our kids
- The way they smell, fresh out of the bath
- The warmth of their little sleeping bodies on my chest
- The sound of their voices
- Christmas Morning - no, not the presents, the excitement!
- Every single project that comes home from kindergarten. EVERY one.

No comments: