
Mr. Max officially turned 4 months on May 30th, but just yesterday we went in for our official 4 month check-up.
First the stats: (he is a big boy!)
Height: 25 1/2 in.
Weight: 18 lbs, 13 oz.
Head: 17 1/4 in.
Guess what, he's a growing beautifully. Just as he should. As if on cue, as Max reaches out and grabs my hand, Dr. G says "I was just going to ask if he's reaching and grabbing" CHECK. And is he social? Again, on cue Max gets a big grin and goes "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in that baby language that only mama understands :)
He's doing everything he should be doing. Trying like hell to sit up. If you put him in the reclining seat he uses his abs (mom should try that too) to pull himself upright. Trying like hell to roll over. He gets twisted but just can't manage to throw that chunky thigh over. He tries, mom helps. I let him grab my hand and over he pulls. Popping his head up with a look that says "WOW, look at this perspective!"
My concerns raised at this appointment.
1. Still has flaky scalp & excema (just like his sis). Dr. G. says if it doesn't bother me it won't bother Max. The best we can do is make sure we lube him up really well after each bath.
2. There is a little lump on the back of his head. Guess what, there are lymph nodes in the back of your head. Did you know this? I did not. Related to his scalp dryness. Nothing to worry about.
3. He SLEEPS a lot. Dr. G. says (who has a newborn himself) and you are complaining about this!!! Me: "Not complaining just concerned." He says if we are getting 5-6 good waking active hours than he's just fine. So hip hip hooray the sleeping from 8pm till 6-7 am is nothing to worry about! We love that! We have decided that he's the chillest baby ever and we will definitely keep him.
Over our trip to VA Beach, Hung finally broke it to me that you can in fact lay him down awake and he will in fact (when tired) insert the thumb and fall asleep without any crying. I was like whattttttt???? How did you discover this? He says, "try it" we do and low and behold baby sleeps. The girl child NEVER did that! NEVER EVER EVER. I love her just the same ... but man a chilled, comfy, easy sleeping baby is a great thing. I am trying not to brag here, but those of you who've been along for the entire ride know that I EARNED THIS with my insane pregnancy! I think I will take a moment to breathe.
2 comments:
Wow! That's all great news! And we were all so worried considering how great his sis was that you would be stuck with a devil! so glad that's not the case!
And yes, lymph node lumps always freak people out. My brother had one biopsied once. It was swollen from a sinus infection. whoops. Now he's down one lymph node.
:) Yeah, apparently their location determines whether to worry or not. Not to worry!
I thought Ella was easy but now that I have him I realize while she was always a good girl she was not exactly un-demanding. He is just like his daddy.
Post a Comment