Let's see --- we caravaned down on Wednesday night via HOV. Tres nice. The 3rd family member often comes in handy. We stopped off of 295 around Richmond to chow at Nacho Mama! What a great name for a restaurant. Yummy eats too. One margarita later we were back on the road. Hit W'burg around 8 pm. Settled in.
Our place was awesome. 3 bedrooms, huge living/dining room. Full kitchen. We definitely felt we could spread out a bit. Indoor and outdoor pools (both heated). It was so nice Thursday we were in the outdoor pool!! In April. So you know I was a happy camper. There was a starbucks in the reception area. So really happy camper! Internet room. Billiards. It was much better than I anticipated for $200/per couple for the week. Timesharing definitely works out from time to time! The girl liked it so much she wanted to stay at her Williamsburg house because "I love it here MOM!" We got seasons passes to Busch Gardens and spent two days there. I hadn't been since my old college days at William and Mary. It is still such a great park! Friday was GORGEOUS!!! 75 and sunny.
Friday night we went to my friend Adam's restaurant, the Blue Talon. Yummy & it was so nice and warm we ate on the patio. That's not Adam below by the way, its the chef.

The highlight of the weekend had to be learning to play Texas Hold'em. Saturday night we ordered in and played cards until 2 am!!! I am now addicted. My mom, who had stopped by to say hi, even joined in and CLEANED the table up. The first night we played (Thursday) my hubby took the table. On Saturday, my mom who'd never played a day in her life kicked everyone's bootie. She is a great cardplayer. Runs in her family, I think I missed most of that gene!
Hung's main duty was playing bartender all weekend. We went through almost two bottles of grey goose & 1.5 bottles of cointreau. It was COSMO heaven!
Anyway, Sunday we got up, loaded the cars and went back to BG from 10-5 or so. We didn't get home until 8ish lon Sunday evening. That is when the itchy throat and sneezing started. I wasn't sure if it was a cold or allergies or sleep deprivation or a hangover ;) I am voting for allergies. Today I am feeling human again.
Pictures of the trip to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment