48 hours from NOW I will be getting ready to board the plane to Mexico. It's funny, now that I am a mom, I always worry when I travel alone. I don't worry when we are all together. I'm like if we go down we go down together. But when I go alone, I think awwwwww what a tragedy that would be. Though I know between her daddy and her gramma all would be taken care of still I worry.
Regardless of that deep and heavy thought, I mostly enjoy the FREE time. The ability to read, sleep, listen to my ipod, do nothing, people watch. All the things I can't do when I am in constant "entertain a 3 year old" mode. Not that she's a bad traveler, she's actually a great traveler. Its just .. she is 3! Well, almost 4 ;)
So .. 48 hours. 72 hours on the ground of relaxing, sunning, swimming. Then back to the grind. Then a minor pause until the rest of the year's whirlwind travels. Mostly long weekends here and there but a couple longer trips.
Where am I?
April 23-26 - Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
June 29-July 5 - Indy for the Formula 1 race
(the closest I'll be to Juan Pablo for the year :( Maybe I'll make the pit crew finally - talk about world travel, those guys go all over!)
August 3-10 - Seattle, Washington for business & a bit of fun on the side
September 24-October 1 - Virginia Beach for Neptune's Festival
November 3-5 - Gram's house for the annual Oyster Festival
November 11-18 - ST JOHN homecoming with Gram for her birthday
Yes, its true. We don't sit still often.
On a totally other note, I have to just give my props to my hubby. Who apparently rocks. He decided about two weeks ago that he really wanted to change it up career wise. Stay in computers but move out of government contracting and into private, corporate work. We had his resume tweaked by the middle of last week. He had his first interview on Wednesday. And his first offer yesterday. Considering he hadn't interviewed in about 6 years, I thought that was pretty impressive.
2 comments:
Tell your hubby "Way to go!!!" That's frickin' awesome!!!! I was still thinking of places to tell him about but he's already there. Did he accept the offer or is he still interviewing?
He is leaning toward accepting it. He's still keeping his name out there on a couple of other things. Plus, his brother just brought on some more contract work that he'll be doing on the side. All in all a good week!
Post a Comment