Or.
It could be the 12 feet of snow outside with more on the way. Ok, maybe that is a slight exaggeration. We only have 2 feet with drifts of 3-4 in places. Too deep to even let the kids really play in it. We'd lose Max! He's tall but damn that is a lot of snow. Too much snow! TOO MUCH!!
Oh and we're getting some more tomorrow afternoon. UP TO ANOTHER 12-18 MORE INCHES. Of snow. I hate snow. Even if I liked snow, I imagine I'd be over it by now. I don't like snow. Did I mention that I even hate it a bit? It makes my whole body tense up. ICK.
Anyway, back on point. We recently had our fix it all friend, Paul install an additional washer and dryer in our basement, primarily for our tenant in the short term but for me in the long term. We inherited the washer and dryer from my mama when she moved and my dream is to eventually move the laundry facilities to the unfinished portion of our basement. No, I don't like trudging up and down an extra flight of stairs to do the laundry but the current situation IS. NOT. WORKING. Our mudroom serves as our laundry room. It is the main entry we use to get in and out of the house. It also houses the shoes, coats, gloves, summer stuff and other random crap that we have accumulated and need more than occasionally but not all the time. Oh and its the size of a shoe box. Can you say tight squeeze? It is the only room in my house that I not only don't like, I actually kind of loathe. It just doesn't work.
Add to this my love of laundry (truly not sarcastic) and you have a frustrated Amy! I would love to take the laundry crap out of there and install cabinets for each family member, shoe racks and generally just open up the space a bit. Washer/Dryer removal would help a lot! Plus, eventually I could give the laundry room the space and organization it deserves. I wasn't kidding about the love of laundry. Its so clean, so yummy smelling, so fresh.
So that is a major reorganization project that we have sort of kind of started. We'll leave it at this stage until the upstairs washer and dryer die or until I just can't take the mudroom anymore. We'll see which comes first.
In the meantime, we have also decided, after getting the nice flat screen tv downstairs, that it would be awfully nice to have one upstairs too. In preparation we have rearranged our bedroom a bit. The TV armoire moved down the hall to the guest room and a long, low dresser moved over to house our current old clunky tv. This move opened up an ENTIRE WALL OF BEDROOM, about 107 inches to be precise, for project #3: book cases.
I have a lot of books. Said books are currently piled and strewn and stacked all throughout the house. There's a little bookcase in the bedroom now chock full. My nightstand is packed with books, stacks adorn the desktop and lateral file in the office and there are cabinets in the living room crammed with novels, travel books, kids books, and so on. They are everywhere.
The plan is to put three large floor to ceiling bookcases with glass doors along the open wall. Thank goodness for Ikea. It looks like we can do a somewhat custom look for a reasonable amount of cash. Not dirt cheap but not a fraction of what having a contractor come in and install true custom work would cost.
So stay tuned. Lots of re-org (the good kind) coming up! In the meantime, excuse me while I run out to the store to RE-STOCK for SnOMG: Part II! Coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment