We got some good/interesting press. Another first. The Post ran an article in the style section and we made the front page of the NY Times. Not too shabby! At least the profession that pays my bills is not dying. Hey, they may even be improving their image.
Post-conference I napped my way through a long weekend. Friday was my day off, thankfully. Max and I hung out and he has basically been THISCLOSE to me ever since I returned. I think he missed me. Even if he won't admit it!
I am in denial that the summer is rapidly coming to a close. Is it really August 11?!?! How in the world did that happen? Or as a precocious child once said, "Who did this?" Ella is wrapping up week 2 of Nature Camp and next week has Art Explorers Camp. Of course the hottest, nastiest week of the summer waited for the week she would be outside all day every day! She's toughing it out.
In just a few weeks the pool will close and she'll head back to school. AS A 2ND GRADER! Another WTH moment. How did this happen?
I am just looking forward to this weekend away with some girlies in WVA and then about a month or so down the road our VA Beach week. Then I have San Fran in January to look forward to (work trip). And finally, it looks like I'll be going back to St. John practically solo (at least kid free) in March. In season. Another first for me.
I have lost about 26 lbs. Since April. Slow going and I have another 26-56 to go but who's counting. I am pleased with my progress and really am doing nothing special other than eating better and less. Not by any means starving myself. That kind of "diet" would never work for me. I like food too much. Hung has lost about 24 or so pounds as well. More importantly he dropped his cholesterol reading by 60 (yes that is SiXty) points.
My mom moved.
I inherited a kitty (technically it was my cat to begin with, but my mom took her to raise about 8 years ago when we sold our 1st house, moved in with my mother-in-law, and waited for our current house to be completed).
Speaking of my MIL, she is doing well. As well as can be expected. She has another appointment for another CT Scan and biospy tomorrow. After that, they will decide when to do surgery and how to proceed.
Last but not least I am starting to make plans for a big trip to Vancouver. Our conference next year is in Vancouver and the plan is to fly the kiddos, hubby and gram out to join me at the end and take a week to explore. I am even looking for a 3 day Alaskan cruise. I want to go see Sarah. It's true!
No comments:
Post a Comment