Monday, August 24, 2009

Next Up, Nazis

I couldn't say it any better so, Leonard Pitts: Nazi label devalues the Holocaust.

Though I will say, this is my favorite part:

"And, yes, you are even protected if you liken Obama or Bush to Hitler. Yet every time I hear that, it makes me cringe for what it says about our collective propensity for historical amnesia and our retarded capacity for reverence. Once upon a lifetime ago, 6 million people with DNA, names and faces were butchered with gleeful sadism and mechanistic dispatch. Six million people."

And, for the record, though I called former Pres. Bush (43) many things, I assure you Nazi and Communist were not among them.

Maybe its just the cynic in me, and yes I KNOW EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE OBAMA IS NOT A RACIST, but I am thinking many of these "protesters" (who couldn't form a coherent sentence explaining what it is that links Obama to Hitler, but proudly show signs of #44 defaced to look like Hitler) would rather call him something else that starts with a "N" but know they can't. Well at least not in public.

And Barney Frank gets on my last nerve sometimes, but here, at this moment, he said what needed to be said.

No comments: