Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Boy: 18 Months ... a few weeks behind

Well, he's now 1.5 years old (and 3 weeks). It's been busy in our household and I am a little behind. Max had his 18 month check up last week. 3 shots. UGH. The first two were quick and he was like, "What the heck?" Shot #3 was the deal breaker. There was a seriously quivering chin followed by a good scream for about a minute. Then he took a deep breath and took a cracker and all was right with the world again. We still love Dr. Gus and nurse Mary! We forgive and move on.

New statistics:

Height - 35 1/8 inches
Weight - 35 lbs

That probably means nothing to most people. Let's just say he's almost as tall as the 3 year old little boy in his daycare and just about 18 lbs shy of his sister ... who is 6! I like to describe him as SOLID. A pound per inch. I think that's a good ratio for now.

He's talking a lot more. He's not necessarily understandable much of the time, but he is having important convos none the less. We just smile and say "wow, really!"

Words:

  • Mama - pronounced Maah-muh

  • Daddy - pronounced DAD-DEE

  • Ella - pronounced E-wuh

  • Cracker

  • Cheese

  • Night-night - sounds more like nigh-nigh

  • Bye

  • Bubble - more like Buh-bowl

  • More - pronounced Mo. Like Mo' Money Mo' Problems

  • UP - this is the word we hear the most because he really likes to get "Up" to the counter to eat and to be picked "UP!"

I am sure there are more words but that's all that I can remember. He is big into the 'uhhhh sound!

He understands EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING! He's listening much better and following instructions for the most part. He's still a little bit whiny but has really tapered off now that he is talking more. And the hitting is totally gone. I think the easier it becomes for him to express himself &/or for us to understand him the less he struggles with the whining. He's a little sweeter on his mama ever since she went away for 8 days. I think he's happy I came back.

We leave for St. John (his second trip, Ella's 3rd, our 5th) on Friday morning. After we see how that goes, we will decide if he can stay permanently or not. We all know if he and STJ don't work out then he's gonna have to find a new family. Just kidding ... I wouldn't trade that little linebacker for anything.

No comments: