Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Illness!

The saga continues.

First, the good news: Ella is P-neumonia free! Yay, Ella. She really turned the corner and is feeling so much better. I didn't realize how run down she was (it was so gradual) until she started feeling better. 10000 mamas later, she's better.

Now, for the not so good news: Max officially has "baby asthma" BOO! This is not the same as real asthma. Dr. G says most babies outgrow it by the time they are 3-4. That is a good thing, but still in the short term it means when he gets a cold it often becomes a breathing issue. Wheezing, difficulty breathing. Nebulizer treatments began today and run through Thursday. On Thursday, Dr. G will take another listen and we will most likely be putting him on a "maintenance" medicine through the rest of the winter. We'll know more then.

For now, he's still a trooper. He can handle one thing at a time ... Tired, no problem. Sick, ok. Bored, alright. But in a combination he's over his edge. Which to me seems perfectly acceptable. I mean I know adults who melt down when they are tired. Much less TIRED & SICK! He is such a sweet boy.

Did I ever mention that I HATE winter? This is just one more reason.

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Poor guy! Is it that thing they call RSV? Parents have to know so much about all this medical stuff--I'd have to rent out an extra brain or something just to be able to keep up.

Flip-Flop Mama said...

RSV could be the culprit, but they really don't know. Our doc said in this are, because of all of the pollution, it is actually very common in babies under 2.

Summer said...

blast! I'm one of those melty people so I totally sypathize!