About a month ago one of my BESTIES moved far, far, far away. Literally down under, Mate! For a guy. A lovely guy. The love of her life, truly. I am SOOOOOO happy for her and I am equally missing her every day. She is the bud who is always up for anything, anytime, anywhere. I miss that spontaneity and joy. It is not that I don't have equally lovely, awesome girl friends. I count myself lucky to have so many girls that I love and adore who seem to love me too!
She also happens to be a woman who life handed some serious lemons. Shitty, shitty lemons. And I am here to tell you she emerged not only with lemonade but with a place in my heart as one of the strongest, lovingest, coolest girls in the world. I don't know if I could have emerged 1/2 as intact as she did from her situation. I am just proud to know her and to be a part of her life.
Shoshie is one of a kind. Always bright, always determined and uniquely joyfully, completely HER. I miss her energy. I miss our sleepovers where I would invariably find her early the next morning, nose in my pantry, seeking out what sugary cereals I have. I miss her telling me how good a mom I am because 1) I let my kids eat lucky charms (though they have the good sense to generally choose better - Ella's fav is rice krispies!) and 2) because I have a CANDY DRAWER, a fully stocked candy drawer, where again they always ask first and often emerge with one innocent piece (typically a hershey kiss for Ella and more often than not Max's idea of "candy" is the orange flavored sugar free certs!). Did I mention I love my kids! Give them a variety of choices, nothing is completely 100% off limits and damn if they don't make good choices at least 75% of the time. That is more than I can say for myself.
Anyway, back to Shoshie. Seems though the love of her life, for reals, is down under, many of her other loves are not! No peeps. No LUCKY CHARMS. Pathetic selection of dryer sheets and softeners. No bath and body works! The horror! All I can say is she must really love that guy :-)
So, this brings me to care package time. I hope she enjoys a little taste and smell of home!
No comments:
Post a Comment