Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Bouncing Baby Barbolicious

Ok, so I know his last name will be his daddy's but the thought of a tiny, weeny, itty, bitty little Barbo Boy is so exciting to me! Two of our dearest friends are expecting this November. I am not sure what I am more excited about, having a baby to snuggle again - that I myself don't have to BIRTH -or witnessing these two awesome people raise a wee one.

Barbo is one of those chicks who the moment you meet her (in my case, while interviewing her for a job) you just know you want to be her friend. I am not sure if its the twinkle her eye or the slight bit of mischievousness in her smile. She is probably one of the naturally funniest people I have ever met. What I love about her most though is that though she is very light hearted and hil-HIL-arious, she has a depth and seriousness of soul that many really "funny" people lack or don't reveal.

I have endless great memories of her, from our summers working together in Williamsburg, to her taking me to meet her parents and all the YUMMMMY food her mom filled us up with, to hanging out in Philly for a visit before I even had kids, to vacationing together with her sister in St. John, hanging on my deck just relaxing, playing on the floor with my then 6 month old baby girl when she stopped on her way to her parents for Christmas, to visiting her in her new home with her new husband.

She and I have gone from carefree college girls just having a good time to women with responsibilities and husbands and kids!

Her husband is the definition of awesome. Girls like us can be a bit of a challenge and I can honestly say I have never known a man to be any more in sync with his lady. You can see the love and devotion he has for her all over his face. Beyond that, he's one of the most genuinely nice guys I've ever met. When we vacationed on St. John I don't think the smile ever left his face. He has a curious spirit, is a great artist and has more patience than Job himself! (He's going to need it!) They are perfectly suited and perfectly in balance and they will make the best of parents.

November just can't come soon enough. One lucky little baby boy will be coming into this world! Genetically speaking, it will be impossible for this to not be one cool little dude!

1 comment:

Diana said...

That is SO exciting!! I'm thrilled for Barbo and her husband and thrilled for this little baby that he's going to be so loved!