There are few things in life as precious to me as a routine. I am not one who deals well with transition. Two of my current favorite routines (both of course involving my kiddos):
1. Each morning, Hung has the early/Max shift (waking him, changing him, getting him ready for Jeannie's). I have the late/Ella shift (waking her, getting her dressed, packing the backpack, getting her on the bus). We never discussed this routine we just kind of fell into it. Anyway, my favorite thing is that part of Max's routine (he is like his mama and LOVES a good routine) is to give me a kiss and hug bye bye and tell me he's going to Jeannie's "Go Nee-Nee, Mama!" Some mornings I hear him as Hung's getting him changed and ready saying "Kiss Mama, Kiss Mama, Kiss Mama" other mornings I just hear a smooching sound coming at me through my bleary eyes. Without fail, every morning I hear those not so little feet running down the hall to find me, still tucked into bed, smacking his lips, ready for his smooch and "ugggg" (that's Hug to those who don't do Max speak).
2. Nights are not as predictable. Sometimes I bathe them, sometimes Hung does. Sometimes I put them to bed, sometimes Hung does. Sometimes we split them up. Lately however, as Max's gotten a bit older I've taken to reading to both of them in Ella's room before bed. They both pile on the bed, Ella picks the book, I read the story and then Max tucks her in. Makes sure her blanket is up, her music is on and her light is off. He gives her a hug and a kiss and then runs to his room to "ock a minute" before going night-night himself. It's about as perfect as 8pm can be.
Then mama gets to go put on her pjs and relax for the rest of the evening!
1 comment:
Max. Tucks in. His big sister.
OMG, that's the cutest thing ever.
Post a Comment