Somewhere along the line they have tried to change the words Change, Hope, and Inspiration into something naive and negative.
As Robert F. Kennedy said, “Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies.”
Those of us voting for change are not naive, uninformed sheep. A spirit and movement for change is more than a presidential hopeful's promise, or a specific policy, or a change to the tax code. Much much more. I see a man who every day has risked his life quite literally to bring a new message and a new hope to this nation. Will he be a perfect president, should he be elected, definitely not. No one is perfect. He is human. I know that, his supporters know that. Howver, when they try to demonize him they lessen the argument against him. McCain would have been so much better off to keep arguing about his experience or his tax plan instead of trying to paint him as some sort of radical.
"What is objectionable, what is dangerous, about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents.”
No matter what the outcome, it was with pleasure that I took my daughter to the polls today. To be able to cast a ballot that redefines the American dream for millions who never thought the day would come in their lifetime, was beyond beautiful. I have never seen so many smiling faces exiting the polls as I did today.
No comments:
Post a Comment