No these two things are not related but they did happen the same day.
1) Exploding A/C units. Ok, not really EXPLODING, but not working. Of course, it was 80+ degrees yesterday when they finally decided to go caput. We have known since we moved in that our A/C has issues. We thought the problem was resolved last summer finally after having our reputable and smart friend work on the units. It limped us through but when you put two of the lowest end units possible on a house our size & install them incorrectly to boot, its only a matter of time. Paulie will be replacing compressors and getting us all fixed up by the weekend ... fingers crossed ... at what looks like about 1/2 the cost of any other vendor.
2) Hazmat Visit. Surprisingly, not at all related to #1. Last night at 11 pm we received a call, I knew something was up when my husband kept saying "Uh huh, yes, I understand. I understand." in a VERY serious tone over and over. Then he started giving directions. Turns out Jeannie, our daycare provider, had a mercury spill yesterday. Long story and no it wasn't a broken thermometer. Anyway, they had been at Jeannie's since about 6ish. They were coming by since Max had been there during the day. We were instructed to put all of his clothes and shoes from the day in a bag on our porch. They would come by momentarily to measure the levels. I remained amazingly calm. Being hyperefficient like I am, I had already washed his clothes from the day but his shoes were tested and beeped. So they took his $50 striderites. Its a good thing they were almost too small. Needless to say, the loss of the shoes and clothes were the least of my worries and everything is A-OK. But how is that for an exciting night. I could not get to sleep until well after 1 am!
No comments:
Post a Comment